JK MONITOR: ONLINE NEWS AND VIEWS ABOUT JAMMU AND KASHMIR
- Published on Saturday, 02 August 2014 18:33
- Written by Monitor News Network (CNS)
HANDWARA: District Hospital Handwara is in shambles while patients are suffering immensely as the Biochemistry Analyzer and the main computer tomography machine (CT scan) machines are not functional from past nine months.
The laboratory operators in the hospital are allegedly forcing the patients to get the Biochemistry Analyzer and CT scan tests performed in the private labs while the attendants alleged that the owners of private labs and laboratory operators of Handwara hospital are hand in glove earning commissions and profits.
- Published on Saturday, 02 August 2014 17:50
- Written by Monitor News Network
- Says efforts afoot to make Srinagar a model city
SRINAGAR: Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Mr. Ali Mohammad Sagar has asked the officers to ensure timely completion of various development initiatives under taken by the government for the holistic development of Srinagar city.
The Minister was addressing officers during a review meeting convened to discuss the status of completion of various developmental proects undertaken by the government in different sectors like, Housing, PHE, PDD, R&B etc.
- Published on Saturday, 02 August 2014 18:27
- Written by Monitor News Network (CNS)
LOLAB: The physical torture inflicted by Indian Army on five locals of Lolab Valley including two brothers sparked protest at Harden Lolab area of frontier district Kupwara. The victims alleged that the Army officer offered them cash to keep their mouth shut.
Locals of Harden Lolab told a Kashmir based news service that Army personnel from 18 RR stationed at Kuligam and Warnav camp have let loose a reign of terror in the Lolab Valley. They said that Army personnel harasses, detains and even tortures the people on one or the other pretext.
- Published on Friday, 01 August 2014 21:35
- Written by Monitor News Network- (GNS-Adil Lateef)
- Decision to vacate Tosa maidan lies with government constituted committee: Army
- ‘Shell victims are being compensated’
TOSA MAIDAN (BUDGAM): The army on Friday kicked off ‘Mission Falah (wefare)’ to clear controversial Tosa Maidan firing of unexploed which have claimed dozens of lives of local villagers here in central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
The picturesque Tosa Maidan, which is around 60 kilometers from the Srinagar, is being used as firing range by army, has hit headlines since beginning of this year as 50 year lease ended on in April. The people of Tosa Maidan and its adjoining villages are demanding that the meadow should be vacated by army and there shouldn’t be further extension.
- Published on Friday, 01 August 2014 20:41
- Written by Monitor News Network (GNS-Mehraj Ur Rehman)
SRINAGAR: While the government continues to make mounting claims of having taken the steps to preserve the environment in Kashmir, it seems the world famous Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary located in south Kashmir district of Shopian, has literally ‘gone to dogs’, with no signs of improved infrastructure on the ground.
A section of press had recently reported that the “HIRPORA WILDLIFE SANCTUARY IN SHAMBLES – CRIES FOR HELP” and is craving for attention.A spot visit by the experts of the Wildlife Conservation Fund (WCF) to Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary to ascertain the factual position of the Sanctuary and monitor the Supreme Court directions and violations thereof has pin-pointed the gross wrong doings in the affairs of the state government.
- Land grabbing: DC Baramulla seeks explanation from Tehsildar
- Police ‘inaction’ sparks protest in Kangan; ‘Had already arrested accused’: Police
- Kounsarnag yatra row: “Yatra never be allowed from South Kashmir route”: DC Kulgam
- PSC declares result of Combined Competitive Examination 2013; Female tops the list
- Aharbal erupts aganst Kausarnag Yatra, 9 injured
- ‘JK needs political, economic transformation for sustainable growth, enduring prosperity’
- Militant group tried to ex-filtrate intercepted near LoC in Keran sector, 2 killed
- Overcoming 2 decades financial crisis, SFC in profit for 4th year in a row: Rather
- Kichloo for mass awareness campaign regarding Diarrhoea control among Children
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with religious fervor, gaiety